Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting close to end of season and bait went cold - been 4 weeks - start new site or keep trying? tried all the tricks, jello, bacon burns, spray bottle, ect...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Should start out with multiple baits if possible. I would keep your current bait fresh and start another in a different area. Try and find a spot that hasn't been hunted hard. I had a bait that went cold too recently. I think the weather is partially to blame and there are tons of acorns out there. Hopefully this cool down gets them moving.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
getting close to end of season and bait went cold - been 4 weeks - start new site or keep trying? tried all the tricks, jello, bacon burns, spray bottle, ect...
What unit are you hunting? It's been 4 weeks since it's been hit? If so, I'd scrap it.

·
Registered
35,573 Posts
If you want to get a bear scout. Their sign is easy to see. They will disturb nearly every ant hill in the area. They will break down choke cherry branches to get at the fruit. They will dig for acorns under the oaks. Once you find sign set up a bait near the areas that show sign. Bait where they are not where you want them to be.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If you want to get a bear scout. Their sign is easy to see. They will disturb nearly every ant hill in the area. They will break down choke cherry branches to get at the fruit. They will dig for acorns under the oaks. Once you find sign set up a bait near the areas that show sign. Bait where they are not where you want them to be.
Excellent advice!!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
4 weeks is a really long time, I'd definitely scout and set up a new site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts