Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26,521 Posts
My boss thought he saw something like one yesterday at lunch near Eaton Rapids-Onondaga. He is dumbfounded as to what he saw and afraid to admit what he thinks it is. It is definately bigger than a bear and about 3 ft tall with dark brown hair.

·
Registered
26,521 Posts
There used to be a game farm over in Onondaga. They closed it down a while ago, I wonder if it could have come from there?

My boss was real hesitant about saying anything. He said another vehicle turned around to get a look at it.

It is fairly populated in that area, I'm sure we'll hear more if it is true, especially with winter and hunting season.

·
Registered
35,267 Posts
I'm sure he is correct, it think the Detroit and Toledo zoo both have some. :D

I also know they have other critters common to the UP, I saw a sign that said Big Beaver in Troy. :eek:

Also heard that Pontiac used to have Lions. :confused:

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Freepop

Remember the bull elk that got loose from that game farm back in 92 or 93. They wouldn't admit they lost it but I was told from a reliable source they did. They even warned deer hunters not to shoot it because there was no season on them down here. To bad the guy over by Olivet had to shoot him.

·
Registered
26,521 Posts
huntingfool, yeah I remember when that happened. I heard alot of animals got out of there because they didn't fence by the Grand River, thinking that the animal wouldn't go in it.

My boss is an idiot, but if you saw the look on his face, you'd know that he's serious about what he thought he saw. It was kinda like this :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The bear population is expanding across it's range in Mich. Young males (1.5 - 2yr olds) will wander along way when they disperse. We have had bears show up in bay county and have had sitings on state land in Tuscola in recent years. A couple of years ago there was a young bear running around teh north end of Lansing. The whole s'west side of the state has decent amounts habitat so they may just keep pushing south until they cant go any farther.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts