Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my wife is a school teacher we only had a three evening bear hunt . We went several days early to ride with our baiter , fish and pick blueberries. The first day I was stunned at the size of blueberries and abundance . 75 % of the baits were hit so I was optimistic......... As far as the fishing goes I have just completed my 32nd fly-in trip so I have been spoiled with great fishing . The river where we fish while bear hunting was low so the walleye were more concentrated . All I can say was that the fishing was WORLD CLASS . Walleye were running 19 to 24 inches . Had trouble caching a few eaters ......... Anyway the rest of the camp arrived , 9 in all , and everybody got stands up . I have hunted this camp the three previous years so I have scene the success. Out of 9 hunters I would expect 6 or 7 bears to be taken the first night . it was not to be . The first two evenings only two small bears were seen and only one bait hit . Friday afternoon it was 89 degrees at 3 pm.............. Abundance of blueberries and heat could have been to blame . I am trying to hitch a ride back up for the middle of September as I have some friends going then . Good Luck everyone this season !!

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Thanks for the info, what area of Ontario and do you know if all the lakes are down up there?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Northwestern Ontario . Most of the lakes from what I could see were "normal" for most years . This river I was referring to is fed from a system taht was low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts