Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Carney unit. Private land. Over bait. 30-06 at 60 yds. Went a few steps.
Friday night after sunset (Sept. 10th). Saw no other bears. Heard no shots Wed. or Thur. Heard 3 single shots Friday night that could've all been bear hunters.
Lots of standing corn and many, many loaded apple trees in the area. Did not see any berries, but there were probably some left.
I had never hunted Menominee Co. before, but knew that they put up very good deer numbers every year. So I wasn't surprised when we saw many deer driving in to check baits/cameras or into a stand. However, the unbelievable number of turkey hens and poults was amazing.
Plant Branch People in nature Wood Trunk

L & O

·
Premium Member
10,977 Posts
Great job. Congrats on a nice bear. I’m still waiting for a daylight bear to wander in.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Very nice.

Reactions: Liver and Onions

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Congratulations

Reactions: Liver and Onions

·
Registered
95 Posts
Friday night after sunset (Sept. 10th). Saw no other bears. Heard no shots Wed. or Thur. Heard 3 single shots Friday night that could've all been bear hunters.
Lots of standing corn and many, many loaded apple trees in the area. Did not see any berries, but there were probably some left.
I had never hunted Menominee Co. before, but knew that they put up very good deer numbers every year. So I wasn't totally surprised when we saw many deer driving in to check baits/cameras or into a stand. However, the unbelievable number of turkey hens and poults was amazing.
View attachment 786644

L & O
Congratulations. I’m in same boat as Sparky, all activities at night!

·
Premium Member
10,977 Posts
Congratulations. I’m in same boat as Sparky, all activities at night!
This little guy showed tonight. It’s a start

Plant Tree Natural landscape Land lot Sky

·
Registered
11,667 Posts
I had never hunted Menominee Co. before, but knew that they put up very good deer numbers every year. So I wasn't surprised when we saw many deer driving in to check baits/cameras or into a stand. However, the unbelievable number of turkey hens and poults was amazing.
View attachment 786644

L & O
Looks like a dandy bear L & O. Congrats! How much did it weigh? Were you able to hook up with Jacque Piatt?

·
Registered
19,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Looks like a dandy bear L & O. Congrats! How much did it weigh? Were you able to hook up with Jacque Piatt?
Medium sized bear. Camera angle makes it look bigger. We did not weigh it that night and haven't heard from the processor yet on the weight.
It's been a couple of years now since you gave me his name. No, but he referred me to another guide and he & family were terrific. Great experience.

L & O

·
Registered
206 Posts
Medium sized bear. Camera angle makes it look bigger. We did not weigh it that night and haven't heard from the processor yet on the weight.
It's been a couple of years now since you gave me his name. No, but he referred me to another guide and he & family were terrific. Great experience.

L & O
Looks like a Great Bear to me!
I gotta know what kind of camera you’re using, I need that for my deer pictures!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Congrats Richard great bear. How many is that now in Michigan?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts