Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if bear lake in kalkaska county has frozen across yet. I was up there about a week ago and only had poor shorline ice. Thinking about going fishing this sunday if ice is safe enough. Any info would be greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
8,182 Posts
Bear Lake in Kalkaska Co. is usually one of the last lakes to freeze over. It was pretty typical for it to have only a few inces of ice after the new year. You could call "Dingman's Bar" and ask if anyone knows if it's frozen up yet. Try fishing Cub Lake while you are up there too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just went by Bear Lk. About ten guys out off the P.A.S.. Talked with a guy that came off the ice and he said there was 3" of good hard ice. He said most everyone out there had caught at least one fish. He had one brown about 13". They have been fishing it since Monday. Good luck if you go.

·
Registered
8,182 Posts
Sorry Jim,

I don't have the number for the bar. Try a search in the yahoo yellow pages using Kalkaska for the location.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the info guys. Going upthere Sunday morning, hopefully fish will coruporate for us. Will let you all now on how did when I return.

good luck fishing all,
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts