Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI can anybody recomend a good bear guide in the U P, i am looking for a place for me and my 2 boys age 16 & 14 to bear hunt with bows, this will be are 1st time after bear.
thanks alot
BUZZYB

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
buzzy,

Welcome to the site, glad you found us.

You'll get a lot more responses from guides once you and your sons have permits in hand.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Welcome to the site. Chech out the thread with the big bear shot this last fall. The guide goes by the name of Spring Creek Rock on this site. You may want to contact him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also looking for a guide. I have a message out there to under newtobear and a
gentalman says he had a great experiance at a camron and sons in Newberry I think but
anyways he said if you PM him he would fill you in on info so if interested go to my message and look him up. and good luck I hope the three of you get to go this will be my 1st also if I get lucky on the tag draw.

·
Registered
528 Posts
http://www.ccameron.com/

I would be more than happy to give Cameron and Sons a refference anytime. I had a fantastic experience with them and took the Bear of a lifetime with my handgun with them.

That huge Boar taken by Spring Creek Rock is Cameron and Sons. They had a fantastic year and hunting with them is like hunting with an old friends that I never knew I had.

I can not wait to get my points up again so I can go back up with them again. Of course now the wife wants to get hers! God I love her!

Michael S. Vander Mey

·
Registered
528 Posts
http://www.ccameron.com/

I would be more than happy to give Cameron and Sons a refference anytime. I had a fantastic experience with them and took the Bear of a lifetime with my handgun with them.

That huge Boar taken by Spring Creek Rock is Cameron and Sons. They had a fantastic year and hunting with them is like hunting with an old friends that I never knew I had.

I can not wait to get my points up again so I can go back up with them again. Of course now the wife wants to get hers! God I love her!

Michael S. Vander Mey

·
Registered
36 Posts
what ever you do use all the information you can get on your choice of a guide. try to know everything you can ckeck his referances especially the ones that didn't get a bear. my first two years with a guide that came highly recommended. was not good.. he had me on private land he had no permission to be on. the baits he said were good i found out later they were already hunted. when i was promised fresh baitstands. i do it all myself now. and i'm even having fun doing it. just use good judgement. i wish you the best

1 - 7 of 7 Posts