Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that we aren't allowed to talk about spots in particular, but was just wondering if anyone has been having any luck on Bear Creek lately.

I have never fished there before, won't be going until the afternoon (damn third shift schedule), but want to go explore. I have a bunch of spots marked out that I will be able to access it upstream. But, I have one question in particular. Is is possible to wade the mouth or fish from shore near the boat launch on the Big Man at the mouth? It it very hard to tell if this would be possible off the Google Satellite imagery, and figured I'd see if I could get a response tonight from anyone that knows the area.

If anyone has any advice for me anything would be appreciated!!

If asking about the mouth is too particular for forum rules I can edit that part out without a problem.

·
Hunter gatherer
8,763 Posts
Public knowledge that there's a handicap platform and shore access a bit upstream on both the Big Man and Bear Creek at the launch/mouth. Upstream on the creek there is quite bit of private land.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lots of tubers and kayakers... downstream from there seems like a little action from boats don't know about shore though. Need a cool down.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually ended up fishing the South Branch of the Au Sable instead today. Had both in mind, couldn't decide which, and literally came down to a coin flip this afternoon.

Caught some miniature trout on flies, nothing too special, and moused after dark. Had a big fish go after my mouse but wasn't able to get it hooked, just teased by a large splash.

Still want to check out Bear Creek in the very near future!! Just let the coin toss decide and it fell in favor of going somewhere else.

Can't wait to get to Bear once the Salmon and Steel start running!

Thanks a bunch everyone for your advice, I will definitely use all of it very soon when I make it up to Bear!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Actually ended up fishing the South Branch of the Au Sable instead today. Had both in mind, couldn't decide which, and literally came down to a coin flip this afternoon.

Caught some miniature trout on flies, nothing too special, and moused after dark. Had a big fish go after my mouse but wasn't able to get it hooked, just teased by a large splash.

Still want to check out Bear Creek in the very near future!! Just let the coin toss decide and it fell in favor of going somewhere else.

Can't wait to get to Bear once the Salmon and Steel start running!

Thanks a bunch everyone for your advice, I will definitely use all of it very soon when I make it up to Bear!!
If you are intent on chasing trout you made the right decision. I wouldn't consider hitting Bear Creek with the temps we've been having anytime soon for trout.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are intent on chasing trout you made the right decision. I wouldn't consider hitting Bear Creek with the temps we've been having anytime soon for trout.
I'm intent on chasing but always like exploring waters before it gets chalked full of people in a month! I'll make it up there one of these days to check it out before it becomes a mad house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts