Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the Bear hunting guide... But I still have a couple of questions. What do they want to see, whole bear, just head? Do you have to give them the teeth (and Reproductive, female). Just making sure before I am up at camp.

·
Registered
92 Posts
when you go check your bear in, they need the fur with the head. You can have it skinned but leave the fur on the head. The female organs are optional. you will need your drivers license or id card with you. good luck..

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10856_10890-27585--,00.html

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10856_10890-27479--,00.html

[SIZE=-1]The DNR collects a tooth from all bear and the reproductive tracts from female bear. The tooth is used to determine the age of the bear and the reproductive tract is used to determine the reproductive condition of the bear. Gathered over a period of years, the information also can be used to estimate the number of bear in the state and whether the population is increasing, decreasing or stable. The tooth and reproductive tract should be collected at the time you dress-out your bear and turned in at the time the bear is sealed and registered. It is very important that we receive a tooth with each reproductive tract. Bear ages will be posted on the web by March. [/SIZE]

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
The more info we give them, the better chance we have at having our critters managed correctly.....

If weather permits,I would take the entire field dressed animal (with rep. organs if sow). Most registration stations have a scale also.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I plan on giving them as much information as possible. I just want to know the rules and whats expected. I hope the weather is nice enough to hand the bear on the buck pole for an evening. (thats if I am lucky enough to shoot one)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts