Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just tried to check my points on the dnre website and it said there wasnt any info when i put in my id
anyone else having this happen?

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Wow eight bear points.....should be enough for any hunt the state has to offer. Good Luck when you decide to apply for the license.

I have 8 too....He is probally trying for the baldwin unit like me, 60 permits a season. I think i might even have to wait for 1 more year...

-Bob

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
10 Bear here but really no point system for elk even though each year you try for an elk you continue to add chances for each time you buy and miss until you don't buy for three years in a row then you start over was the way it works for elk or was.... 6 Elk Chances

I am waiting for others to catch up to ten so we can all try for Baldwin been buying since it started might have missed 1 yr but the guys I am waiting on only have 6 or 7 bear points so it will be a couple more years till we can put in for a hunt...

Newaygo1

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have 8 too....He is probally trying for the baldwin unit like me, 60 permits a season. I think i might even have to wait for 1 more year...

-Bob
I thought I had it bad needing around 6 points to draw a permit where I hunt in the U.P.. We don't hunt with dogs so we apply for the 1st hunt with the 5 day quiet period. Anyways, good luck when you do draw.

·
Registered
492 Posts
mine still wont work im going to call the dnre on monday morning
Good luck - I noticed that I didn't get my preference point for bear this year even though I applied and my credit card was charged. I called and got the typical transfer to 8 different people before I got someone who actually confirmed that my card was charged and i didn't get the credit for the point. I was then told I was SOL...nothing they could do - thanks for playing. Didn't even offer a refund.

Hopefully you have a better experience.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good luck - I noticed that I didn't get my preference point for bear this year even though I applied and my credit card was charged. I called and got the typical transfer to 8 different people before I got someone who actually confirmed that my card was charged and i didn't get the credit for the point. I was then told I was SOL...nothing they could do - thanks for playing. Didn't even offer a refund.

Hopefully you have a better experience.
I have heard if you skip 2 consecutive years you lose your bear points, don't know if it is true or not. I have 10 points I just keep gaining points until I feel like i want to go. Don't want to lose 10 years of applying if they take points away.

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
I have heard if you skip 2 consecutive years you lose your bear points, don't know if it is true or not. I have 10 points I just keep gaining points until I feel like i want to go. Don't want to lose 10 years of applying if they take points away.

Yes!! That is true, if your buliding up points, DO NOT miss applying!!
That would suck!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have 8-Bear and 8-Elk and 13 Moose for the state of Maine. Thats why I have 8-Bear, the Maine Moose season is around the same time as Michigan bear season and if ever drawn I want to be able to focus on the Moose season.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts