·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone no whats going on in the cove

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
No one there today, at least no one accessing from the DNR launch. There are tracks going out that way from recently, but last I heard, the ice was fair, at best.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe tomorrow I"ll be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I was just over there this evening..I keep my boat there in the summer so I have easy access..Ice did not look all the promsiing..did not see anyone fishing either..

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
Gotta watch it there...It's private and if you go over the rocks they'll write you for tresspassing...comming in off the lake is cool but you have to watch the ice..quite abit of current off that point.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
salmonslammer said:
Gotta watch it there...It's private and if you go over the rocks they'll write you for tresspassing...comming in off the lake is cool but you have to watch the ice..quite abit of current off that point.
:yeahthat: I have also seen open water caused by gas pockets.
First time I seen it I thought someone had cut a hole there, when I got closer I could see the bubbles coming up and keeping it open.
Rich

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Yes they are getting some nice fish in that marina. but like said above Its a marina that your have to walk the ice to get in. As of a few days ago the ice was not good enough to make that trek . Also a word of caution At the entrance there is a sand bar this forces the bottom water towards the top. You have to be real careful at the mouth even if the lake is 8 inches.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Get in from the lake. Me and ANDYCAPP along with a few other buds all got tickets going over the rocks a 2 years ago. seeya

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Yea its posted well. they have signs a snow fence beyond the normal fence and caution tape. couldn't be more clear this year.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I think, if the dnr was out there it wasn't with the intent to make money. I'm sure the condos called or at very least the condos made it clear with all the no trespassing signs. I'm not sure if its right to blame the dnr for doing there job. Last I heard the dnr doesn't get a kick back or % of each ticket written. A few years back I parked in an open lot up by Decker's. Well the sheriff gave me a ticket. There was only one little sign posted that I saw on the way out. I paid the ticket .now I'm a little more careful where I park. I cant blame the sheriff for issuing me a ticket, if I was breaking the law.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Im just messing around. Actually the money went through the district court so whatever city it was in.

But they did tell it was the owner of the marina called.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
salmonslammer said:
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I had my boat in Velger's Harbor, which is just south of Crocker launch.
I asked about the possibility of ice fishing the harbor and was told "no" its not allowed.
Since these places are private property, you have to realize they can not allow ice fishing inside the marina's due to liability reasons.
They have to say no to the ice fishing or possibly get sued if someone gets hurt.
So, natually they have to do whatever they can to discourage people from fishing there.
Rich

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
But the water is public property, they can't stop you from walking in there from the lake, just be carefull of thin ice at the entrance as mentioned.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts