Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
I do know this...in the springtime the gills and perch are there... And are really big..nailed them every year off the back of my boat...a ton of dogfish to..I always wondered that t 2...never tried to ice fish it....lots of weeds in there...not to mention ..I don't know if the marina would allow u...I always wanted to try though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
We put our $5 in the door and drilled about 30 holes. Then went back and dropped a camera in all of them. Only saw 2 shad out of all the holes..... we didn't even wet a line. This was 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I remember fishing in there when I was a kid & wind was too bad for the bay.....I'm talking late 60's early 70's :lol:.....some Perch & small Pike.....don't see why it wouldn't be worth a try.....

back then we only hit marina's when WX was real bad, fished some in Canada that I have no clue as to what ones anymore.....

IMO marina's are far to much over looked.....I could elaborate but ain't gonna.... :evilsmile.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
We punched the holes all up and down the canal closest to the building where you pay. Also drilled a bunch in the channel that leads to the lake. I fished it 20+ years ago and we used to catch some nice gills back then. Im not writing it it off by any means, just saying on that day there wasnt anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts