Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after spending everyday on the bay ice for over a week, thought I would give a report. Fishing has been spotty. The fish have for the most part been tight lipped. We have fished anywhere from 20ft to over 30ft. The best action has been in the deeper depths. I did have one mid afternoon when I banged 4 in an hour in 20' of water but it must have been a passing school. Went back the next morning and nothing. Have caught over 60 walleyes in 8 days of chasing the fish around. Best action has been away from the crowds. #5 jigging raps have caught more than half the fish.
Let's hope the wind doesn't mess with the ice to bad and we get a few more days on it!
Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a bad problem to have! I did the perch thing for 4 days in a row ...got enough to get me by for awhile. Chasing eyes until the ice goes to crap!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Well after spending everyday on the bay ice for over a week, thought I would give a report. Fishing has been spotty. The fish have for the most part been tight lipped. We have fished anywhere from 20ft to over 30ft. The best action has been in the deeper depths. I did have one mid afternoon when I banged 4 in an hour in 20' of water but it must have been a passing school. Went back the next morning and nothing. Have caught over 60 walleyes in 8 days of chasing the fish around. Best action has been away from the crowds. #5 jigging raps have caught more than half the fish.
Let's hope the wind doesn't mess with the ice to bad and we get a few more days on it!
Good luck and be safe.
Great job Mr Fysch.

I wish I could get out that much.

I know you love jigging raps, as do I. I was curious if you have tried the Rapala Rippin Raps yet? I haven't been walleye fishing with them yet, but I can say they are flat out incredible on Perch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Clown shad rap was on fire Sunday!

Buddy had a ripping rap on but they didnt want anything to do with it. Goofy fish!

Wife had a blue/slvr jigging rap on and they didnt want that either... Just have to keep changing it up!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
My buddy loves the shad raps.

I don't get out far enough to the walleye grounds, but I can't imagine those baits not doing well.

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
I prefer the moonshine minnows. I think the have a nicer presentation and hate the front hooks on the Rapalas that catch the ice. Plus they glow foreverrrrrr.

I checked out those rippin raps last night. They look interesting. I should have grabbed a couple.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts