Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming down Saturday to fish the bay should I bring the snowmobile which is liquid cooled or the three wheeler? How's the slush? Will be going out of the mouth or the east side

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
VERY LITTLE SNOW ON BAY! At least where we fish. After yesterday it pretty much wiped it out. The only chance it looks like is tomorrow morning. Was some slush yesterday but not much. Liquid cooled sleds were awful warm today beware.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good deal thanks guys hope my wheeler is done at the shop by Friday. If not guess I'll be soaping the slides on the sled

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I just put scratchers on mine. I doubt it will over heat now. They throw up so much chips. Right onto the heat exchangers.
At least soap slides. I wouldn't let it keep me from going.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it looks like we are bring sleds one fanner and one liquid. Mine the liquid is studded but buddies fanner is not studded how's the none studded sleds doing out there still able to get around?

·
Registered
923 Posts
no studs on glare ice = not going anywhere.... used a buddy's once without studs and had to be pushed to get moving lol was really fun to just spin around on tho!!

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
There was no snow this morning when I went out. Slick but not too bad. BUT, It's really slick out there after that dusting this morning. Wished I had my creepers!!!

I'd definitely run a quad if you have one. Your gonna overheat a liquid cooled sled or beat up your slides with the current conditions.

·
Premium Member
29,585 Posts
I got studs on the way for mine. Sucks theres no snow, but maybe it will set up good this way with the lighter winds. I'll wait a week or so for a good dumpin. We know its coming, sooner or later. Atleast right now we can see the bad areas alot easier:D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I was out scouting last week BEFORE it warmed up and my liquid cooled sled with studs overheated. Slides were fine but my temp light came on twice after putting on 3-4 miles of cruising the crack out of the mouth. Needless to say I plan on picking up some scratchers after this warm up or waiting untill we get a few more inches of snow.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
I got studs on the way for mine. Sucks theres no snow, but maybe it will set up good this way with the lighter winds. I'll wait a week or so for a good dumpin. We know its coming, sooner or later. Atleast right now we can see the bad areas alot easier:D
Make sure you install tunnel protectors, will save your tunnel if you ever bottom out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts