Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to head out of Bay Port tomorrow, looking for a perch dinner (hopefully). This will be our first time out ever so we are heading out on foot, maybe some day when we're more comfortable the Ranger will head out. We just want to hit 2 to 4 feet of water but have no idea where to head out from where those depths are closest to shore. We know about the hole that's straight out from Mud Creek but we won't be going that far any ways. PM's are welcome. We aren't looking for anyone's honey hole and are definetly not the type of people who will head toward someone fishing and drill a hole 5 feet from them. Finding the fish on your own is half the fun I think. We would just like to do some fishing and stay dry doing it :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Geiger Rd and several other places you could try along the lakeshore. As long as you stay somewhat near where other fisherman have recently traveled and/or spud your way out, it should be easy and safe to get to 2-4 feet of water.

As usual, the perch fishing is hit or miss; if the fish aren't there keep moving and don't sit and wait too long at one spot;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Made it out at Mud Creek. 5 feet of water, lots of lookers but no takers :( But now that we are no longer Bay virgins I'm looking forward to getting out more. Next time with the Ranger though, walking is for the birds :)

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Made it out at Mud Creek. 5 feet of water, lots of lookers but no takers :( But now that we are no longer Bay virgins I'm looking forward to getting out more. Next time with the Ranger though, walking is for the birds :)
Would any of those lookers end up being take homers?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going back out there tomorrow morning. Figured they didn't bite today so they just HAVE to be hungry tomorrow, lol...I wish!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Didn't get here til 1. The walleye came right away on my perch gear. Lotta fun. At least a solid 8" of ice. Waiting for the feeding frenzy.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 16 of 16 Posts