Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
26,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6am launch. Experience with the area would be nice. 586-549-6552 leave message if I don't answer. Poor reception here.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Premium Member
29,817 Posts
Send a pm to "Limige" he's from the area and I believe has been out of there once already this year. I guess it has been dredged, but still pretty shallow.

·
Administrator
26,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing this morning. Fished the slot west of the islands. One or two small bites and that's all. Nothing but a few small blips on the sonar.

A few guys bass fishing close to the islands.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That is not what I wanted to hear since I was planning on fishing that area Saturday and Sunday. Might have to look into Oak Pt now. What was the surface temp out there?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sorry it didn't work out this morning. Guess I won't be driving up in the morning. That area is usually hot this time of year.

·
Administrator
26,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is not what I wanted to hear since I was planning on fishing that area Saturday and Sunday. Might have to look into Oak Pt now. What was the surface temp out there?
Headed to oak pt right now. 68 out by the islands.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Mike,
Is that at the D.N.R boat launch in the town of Bay Port by the fish house? Do you think a guy can get a 21' out of there? Thanks. Cross-eyed
OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.[/QUOTE]

·
Administrator
26,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Mike,
Is that at the D.N.R boat launch in the town of Bay Port by the fish house? Do you think a guy can get a 21' out of there? Thanks. Cross-eyed
[/QUOTE]
Yup. Depends on how well your boat floats off. My 18 ft. Went to the end of the dock before floating off.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Oak point was okay Friday night giving up a few fish that were larger than normal. South east wind Friday night blew off 10 degrees of water. It was 58 on shore Sat morning and the fish that remained were lip locked. East side is not quite ready yet. Another week of warn SW winds should set it up.
I was going to hit the slot as well but not sure now. Thinking of searching for the right water and not hitting any certain location. Jumping in the boat in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Slot along Heisterman and Duck was not happening for us Saturday either. Had Babe Winkleman out and we did not catch many for the camera. It got flat calm and I think that had a lot to do with it. Did good there earlier in the week so I figured we could get some nice fish there Sat.---good plan, poor results! LOL
Now it looks like rain and wind. If we get out today, I think I am going over the bar towards the channel and trying that side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts