Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Spent New Year's at some good friends in Belleville and managed to get out for a 2hr fish on Sun evening. For the most part the bay is not safe to get out on other then some shallower still water area's that you can walk out on. We fished a few KM N. of the Bay bridge in 14' with spoons tipped with 1/2 (tail) of a minnow. We ended up loosing 2 fish and catching 3 including this fattie my buddy is holding that was approx 4lbs. We found the bite to be very lite and all hits took place working the jig very slowly right on the bottom.Spent New Year's at some good friends in Belleville and managed to get out for a 2hr fish on Sun evening. For the most part the bay is not safe to get out on other then some shallower still water area's that you can walk out on. We fished a few KM N. of the Bay bridge in 14' with spoons tipped with 1/2 (tail) of a minnow. We ended up loosing 2 fish and catching 3 including this fattie my buddy is holding that was approx 4lbs. We found the bite to be very lite and all hits took place working the jig very slowly right on the bottom.

Take care and good Fish'n.... Greg.

ProFISH'nt Angling Services <'(((><
http://www.Profishntanglingservices.com
'Exciting Guided Ice Fishing Adventures'
Proud Sponsor of iGreatlakes.com Sportsman Forums

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Slayingm, did you ever catch any big hogs at BOQ like they claim there is? Another question for ya, did you ever catch any walleye on Simcoe? Back in Feb. 2001 I caught one that tipped the scales at 14lbs 5oz I was wondering if it was a stroke of luck or what. The sad part of the whole deal was that I caught it on friday night and weighed on a sunday when we got home. I think it probably weighed more the night I caught it. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
thumbgoodfisherman said:
Slayingm, did you ever catch any big hogs at BOQ like they claim there is? Another question for ya, did you ever catch any walleye on Simcoe? Back in Feb. 2001 I caught one that tipped the scales at 14lbs 5oz I was wondering if it was a stroke of luck or what. The sad part of the whole deal was that I caught it on friday night and weighed on a sunday when we got home. I think it probably weighed more the night I caught it. Thanks.:)
Hey thumbgoodfisherman, my personal best out there was a 13.8lb Walleye caught the 1st week of November a few years ago. I have caught lots of 5-10lb fish ice fishing but the fishing action has really declined over the years hence the need for slots and reduced limits the past few years.

Simcoe has eye's for sure..... you can see 100's of 10-15lb fish in April at the dam in the Talbot river. Guys downrigging for Lakers accidently catch a few of them every year. I have only caught 2 and both were 3lb clones caught in Cook's bay while working some deep weedlines for LM. That's one monster you caught and I'm guessing it lost close to a pound from when you pulled it out of the water!:yikes:

Take care and Good Fish'n... Greg.

Take care and good Fish'n.... Greg.

ProFISH'nt Angling Services <'(((><
http://www.Profishntanglingservices.com
'Exciting Guided Ice Fishing Adventures'
Proud Sponsor of iGreatlakes.com Sportsman Forums

1 - 3 of 3 Posts