Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well did the bay open up today? All the northern ice is gone along Huron shoreline. This mornings east wind and 7 footers took care of my problems. My dads at wigwam perchin on 3 inches though. So maybe ice is still there?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Well did the bay open up today? All the northern ice is gone along Huron shoreline. This mornings east wind and 7 footers took care of my problems. My dads at wigwam perchin on 3 inches though. So maybe ice is still there?
Lot's of people fishing off of Palmer Road in Arenac this morning. Didn't see anyone catch any though.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lot's of people fishing off of Palmer Road in Arenac this morning. Didn't see anyone catch any though.
My dad went off Palmer and caught a few small ones. Saw some big ones but wouldn't bite. Few guys had fish said they caught them at daybreak. My dad missed the bite.

Dad said Ice was far as he could see. Never saw a duck. 1 goose flew over. I think the fat lady sung. Looks like I'm hunting my late season holes from here out.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I think it supposed to warm up, and with some wind it might be open again!

Sent from my QMV7A using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
400 Posts
We get the 40's they are talking about all week you may get some holes to open up down near the power plant where the water is warmer. But other then that I think the bay is done!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
We get the 40's they are talking about all week you may get some holes to open up down near the power plant where the water is warmer. But other then that I think the bay is done!
Which sucks cuz while I was out ice fishing I seen more flocks of flight birds then I ever have.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Tried to go out of the Saginaw this afternoon. Huge mess and couldn't get anywhere huntable. Need some rain and a south wind.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would think that most the ducks would be gone even if the bay opened up. Most likely the only birds sitting on the open water would be squaw, buffs and tons of mergs. With all the ice covering shallow feed beds, the remaining bills and reds pry bugged out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I checked the shoreline for many miles yesterday...Saginaw Bay is done for on west side and I would assume east also...All WMA's are self registration, even Harsens...SO long to ducking for the season...Cold came early and stayed this fall..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hunted by the hot ponds last night it was open but battled ice flows in and out all afternoon and very VERY few ducks left early only saw a few mergs and couple small flight of divers out farther....sposta get real cold next week time to pull out the shanty !!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
saw a sled and quad run off Thomas rd this am..ice was going fast I'm sure the wind right now has it a mess

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_988 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 20 of 51 Posts