Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hunted wigwam bay this afternoon, not nearly the birds that were there one week ago. Some of them are pretty well educated...they make a wide swing away from the decoys. Had a few redheads and goldies decoy, and had the first old squaw (longtail) of the year in the decoys as I was eating a sandwich! No shot fired. Hope we have a few more come through before freeze up.The number of swans is way up over last week......

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Yeah,

My buddie got a old squaw this year his first. Really nice bird with a 7" sprig. Came in with a drake goldeneye.

KEvlar

·
Registered
142 Posts
Layout hunted ThunderBay Alpena the last two days with my son and his friends. Birds were around but looked decoy shy. We did shoot two female old squaws and really nice birds. My son did miss one nice male and we did see probably 20 to 30 different birds. (Squaws) We are going to hunt Thunderbay next two days and then either geese or go back to Fish Pt. Birds seem to be moving south did shoot other birds. Ed

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Uggg, swans. A sure sign in canada that the season was coming to an end was the final big push of swans migrating south. :( . Hope its not the case around here.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Longtails are a gimme. I'm surprised I dont see more people up there doing it. go to 40 foot of water and get ready. starting the third week of Oct. I've seen squaws on TB every month of the year except july/august

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hunted tuesday afternoon north of sebewaing near heisterman(sp????) and saw tons of divers, they were stacked up with the Northwest wind. Only prob was the 1000 coots that were drawing anything and everything in to them. They made my 5 dozen divers dekes look minimal. Managed a beautiful drake redhead and a hen red head.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts