Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well the honeymoon was fun!!!!! :sad:
Due to the 50+ fish we caught Tuesday, Walleye Stu and I were back out Wednesday afternoon……..NOTHING like the 24 hours before!!!! We landed 12 to 15 fish, most in the 13” range & no keepers.
Man it was cold!!! Not sure if the cold front coming in did anything but it was day and night from the day before. (we figured it was too good to be true!!!)
The only thing there was more of was the snowmobilers!!!!! Ice was about 5” with a lot of wet spots.
Going to try again this weekend, hope the bigger ones show up .
Be smart and be safe.

·
Registered
577 Posts
thanks for report. we will be doing the same fri, sat and sun. Hoping for the same. Nvr know, their stacked in there pretty good, just have to work thru them dinks, but sure is better than starring at empty hole

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks for the report. Been wanting to head up and fish it when it got safe and the fish were there!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I fished near the bay city yacht club yesterday from noon till about 5:30. got a couple really small perch, a couple shad (that were huge and floated into the hole), and no walleye. Fished 5' out to about 15-18' fow. talked to a couple guys who seemed to do ok on perch but they were small and some other guy lost about an 18" walleye at the hole about 30' from me. It can only get better! Headed north to Lake Leelanau this weekend to see what they have to offer there. Best of luck to all of you and bee safe!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts