Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i found a crew for tomorrow. I have my state sticker for Bay City ramp, would i be ok to run out of there or head up to Linwood?? Thanks!!

Scott

·
Registered
246 Posts
I say Bay City cause you already have your sticker. Launch at Linwood is around $10-12 each time. Thought I read somewhere that seasonal is $240. WOW!! Reports have been good from either place.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you launch from Linwood it is $10 a launch or $150 for the season which isn't to bad if you get out quite a bit and it's pretty close to anywhere on the inner bay.

darkstarr33

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Shouldn't have any problem either place as for depth. We have been going out of Patterson in my 22.5 footer and no problems. Caught some fish over the weekend by the spark plug, but it sounds like they are hitting them all over the bay. It all depends where you want to go and where you are coming from.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!! I've been out of Bay City a few times already this spring but its been a while since i've been up there. I was just looking for info which would get me to the better fishing!! I'll probably go out of Bay City its really not that far up to Linwood plus its goona be nice tomorrow. I'll leave a report when i get back!!

Scott

·
Registered
467 Posts
Scott,

Go out of Bay City and follow the shipping channel up, just slide off either side up near bouys 1 & 2 or even more south, 15-24ft of water and you should be just fine. Remember to stager your lines for those piggies.

Tight Lines,

Chris

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Hope you're out early. The south wind is going to be just a rockin' out there by early afternoon, they're talking mid-teens or better. You'll have three to fives out there to dance on. :)

·
Premium Member
30,275 Posts
The Whale said:
Hope you're out early. The south wind is going to be just a rockin' out there by early afternoon, they're talking mid-teens or better. You'll have three to fives out there to dance on. :)
:yeahthat:
Its suprising how the waves aren't that bad riding out with a south wind until you turn around:lol: Once you pass the island, it don't take long to build, and at the second plug they'll be good size definately:yikes:

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alls I can say is WOW!!! What a slaughter, its pretty easy pickins right now out there. Fished out in front of Linwood in 12 to 16 fow had our 2 man limit by 10:00 then we played catch and release, caught some big sheepies also. Spinners and crawlers with in-lines and snap weights all 1 oz was our best. Its good to see all the different fish any where from 10in up to 21in. The weather was awesome, flat all day with maybe an 8in chop when we came in. So much for the high winds!!! Go get em boys there out there!!

Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts