Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to take my wife and 3.5 year old son on our first family camping trip over Father's day weekend. The weekend is centered on a visit to the Binder Park Zoo. We're considering a stay at the Timber Lake Campground in Climax, but except for its homepage, I've been unable to locate information, like reviews. Their web page states that the campground offers riding stables, hayrides, and a petting zoo (these should satisfy my kid). I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has stayed there or knows the place. I'd like to make sure if our first family camping trip is our last family camping trip that it's not because the campground was sub par.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Maybe this is unfair because I have not actually stayed at the campground, but when my wife and I drove through the campground last year, she said absolutely not! There appeared to be a large number of seasonals in less than nice condition and we just didn't like the overall look of the campground. Seemed dumpy.

If they have openings you could also try Cold Brook Park in Climax which is run by Kalamazoo County (www.kalcounty.com/parks). We have stayed there and found it to be enjoyable. Water/Electric, grass sites. Not much in the way for small children except for the beach and a small playground. There is a cool frisbee course.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
We thought the same thing!!! JUst drove through it and turned around as fast as we could! Not a very eye pleasing CG!! Fort Custer is very nice!!;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts