Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a pair years ago and remember them not working that great. I was wondering if anyone has any info on a decent pair of them? I hate having cold feet.

Joe

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Have you tried getting some good warm boots? I hate having cold feet as well. Then I bought a pair of Mickey Mouse boots. It's also important to wear wool socks with liners (if necessary) to keep the sweat away from your feet. Thats how my feet used to get cold. My feet would sweat while walking out, then freeze up when sitting still.

check this thread (RE: boots) http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120466&highlight=Mickey+Mouse+boots
Sorry, I have no input on battery socks, never heard of them actually. Now, I'm interested. good luck.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I bought the battery operated socks last year. I would have rather donated the money to this site.

I went to BassPro this year and got their Redbird (or redneck, whatever) brand wool socks that are guaranteed for life. Keep the receipt and if they ever develop a hole, you get a free replacement. I also got the polypro liner sock that I put on first, then the wool socks. My feet have been sufficiently warm this year.

.....along with a pair of good boots.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I have a pair somewhere. They actually work very well (one C cell each). But there's no thermostat, you turn'em on and they get hot.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
my dad said he had some that worked great, but i haven't seen any of those in years!

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
I bought a pair a couple years ago (do not remember the brand), and was very dissatisfied. Think they're in a box in the attic somewhere now. Better to invest in a pair of boots rated -135degrees. I did and my feet stay very warm now.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts

There is a number of places you can get them online... just do a google search for "battery socks".

Here's one place: Dick's Sporting Goods

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got a pair as an x-mas gift last year....I used them a couple time, and they work. My only complaint is the pair I got weren't long enough...the battery pack barely fit above my boot.

DD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts