Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 15 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size battery ( LA or lithium) are you guys using on your ice graphs? I need to power up a 12V rope light in my permy shack and a simple 103C lowrance unit. NOT buying a lowrance ice pack set up. Just need the battery.

Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Any 7-9 ah SLA should do, the lites won’t draw hardly anything, I’ve got a few old SLA’s, and 2 new lithium’s, which are pricey, but last a long time and weight much less.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did look at the 9h Led acid , at the mention of a buddy ,they are only 5 pounds and 30 bucks. The lithiums are 70 to 130 plus the price of a charger. It will be in a permy shack 90% of the time so the weight is not really an issue.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,324 Posts
I got the Marcum Brute 10 Ah kit.
BPS had them for $79.99 with the Lithium charger.
Using a Helix10 which draws much more than X103c Matt.
I've run 12 amp SLA's in the past, but at 2 lb 11 oz and a 2000 charge warranty it was hard to resist.
Lithium Iron phosphate will be the standard very soon...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just picked up a AGM 12v 9ah for 25 bucks off amazon. I figure it will do for the old cheapo graph and a string of lights. I just couldnt swallow a 70+ fee for a battery and a different charger that I will only use now and then.

·
Super Moderator
16,324 Posts
That'll work fine Matthew...
GL with it!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I use an automotive jump start unit. Set up 3 cigarette lighter sockets that i got from the junkyard in a weather tight 4" × 4" electrical enclosure and it powers a flasher, camera and 4' led light all night w/ enough juice to jump start truck when done. Whole setup costed about 60 bucks

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got the Marcum Brute 10 Ah kit.
BPS had them for $79.99 with the Lithium charger.
Using a Helix10 which draws much more than X103c Matt.
I've run 12 amp SLA's in the past, but at 2 lb 11 oz and a 2000 charge warranty it was hard to resist.
Lithium Iron phosphate will be the standard very soon...
Have you used the new battery much yet and if so what kind of run time do you get from the Brute battery. Was looking at them myself for a Helix 7 setup I have.

·
Super Moderator
16,324 Posts
They have a chart on the website of expected run times - I ran my backlight around 7-8 for around 5 hours & Helix 10 draws about 1.2 amps.
My battery graphic said 100% the whole time, but when a Lithium goes it drops off fast - I expect I could run it for 8 hours if I wanted.
A Helix 7 only draws about .8 amps & they state 12 hours, these ratings are with full back light, which I almost never run - especially if you're in a shanty, I wasn't.

1 - 15 of 14 Posts