Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a heads up from Walleye Mike, and the ice fishing season being all but a wash for me, I just secured one of the many charter/outfitter booths at the upcoming Auburn Hills, Bass Pro Shop show on the 4th and 5th of February. I was offered a booth last year, but ice fishing charters kept me from attendance. I also asked about selling some of my recent walleye trolling lure inventions at the table as well, and I think I'm going to get the O.K. to do so. So some of you guys who live well south of the Saginaw Bay and want to see/touch some of these concoctions of mine, book a trip on the Bay or River and/or simply want to meet and chew the fat with Ol' Captain Dan, look me up at the show. And be sure to introduce yourselves with your board names, so I know who it is. :confused: :evil: :corkysm55 :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
Going to be selling any of your world famous squid wiggle disc rigs? I might have to stop by myself...

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RichP said:
Going to be selling any of your world famous squid wiggle disc rigs? I might have to stop by myself...

Yupper.

I made and packaged roughly 300 assorted Wiggle Squid Rigs. Double Flash Squid Rigs. Mini Squid Flash Rigs and Finsel Fly Harness Rigs, that I was going to wholesale to Franks, but I got time to make more for him before spring. Heres a couple reminders of what they look like. Hope to see you guys there. :chillin:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Waterfoul said:
Where is this show held?

Cabela's? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I get it Rich, thanks for the thought. ;)
According to the organizer, the booths will be set up right in the Bass Pro Shop store someplace. He didn't say exactly where in the store. Maybe Walleye Mike knows.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Any charter discounts for MS members? I would like to try handlining this year. Reading and thinking you know what to do, doesn't compare to actually doing it.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ArrowFlinger said:
Any charter discounts for MS members? I would like to try handlining this year. Reading and thinking you know what to do, doesn't compare to actually doing it.

Flinger.

I'm not a handliner myself. I do take people on the St.Claire occassionally to do some whippen with pencil plugs though. I'm posting a picture of one of the walleyes we "whipped" into shape on the St.Claire last June. :lol: And I will give all MS members $40.00 off (group rate) on my Summer Saginaw Bay charters in the Big boat, at the show only. That will pay for the gas to get there (maybe). :yikes:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Riverside Charters
Bigfish Charters
Bushwacker Guide Service
Sea Dog Charters
Clear Creek Outfitters
Outdoor Realities
Muskie Mania Sportfishing
Professional Fishing
Farmland Pheasant Hunters
Hookers Fishing Charters
Raptor Charters
Take Me Fishing Charters
Great Lakes Flyfishing LLC
Michael Johnson Riverguide, LLC
Dea-Lynn Charters
Charter Talk Guide Service
Kirby's All Seasons
Walleye Express Charters
Brunner Runner

The above Guides or Outfitters have confirmed that they will be here Feb. 4 & 5. As more become available I will post them. The above Outfitters and Guides cover Musky, Salmon, Trout, Flyfishing, Perch, Walleye, Bass, Pike, Ice fishing, Deer, River fishing, Big Lake fishing, Turkey, Pheasants, Bear, Bobcats and Coyote. There are probably a few critters and fish that I've missed so come out and see for yourself.

If you are a Michigan Guide or Outfitter please contact me and we'll check into giving your company "Free" booth space.

Doug Phillips/ Promotions Manager Bass Pro Shops (248) 209-4200

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Southend517 said:
maybe you will get some superbowl traffic

Holy Crap....I really didn't think about that. I better comb all three of my head hairs on the same side, and wear a clean pair of underware. :tdo12: :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
26,934 Posts
walleye express said:
According to the organizer, the booths will be set up right in the Bass Pro Shop store someplace. He didn't say exactly where in the store. Maybe Walleye Mike knows.
Doug says the booths will be placed all over the store in small groups.

I too will have a show special.

·
Administrator
26,934 Posts
walleye express said:
Holy Crap....I really didn't think about that. I better comb all three of my hairs on the same side, and wear a clean pair of underware. :tdo12: :lol: :lol:
I wear a hat to cover up my 3 hairs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's real nice to see the POWER of the web! I came into work to see this thread that was started by a couple of the Captains that plan to attend the show. I spoke with our Merchandise Manager and he has ok'd a 10% discout coupon to any person that books a trip during the show Feb. 4 & 5. There are some restrictions but they will be on the coupon.

Thank you Michigan Sportsman Forums, thank you Forum Posters and thank you to all the Guides & Outfitters!

Doug Phillips
Promotions Manager
Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World
Auburn Hills, Michigan

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bass Pro Shops Doug said:
It's real nice to see the POWER of the web! I came into work to see this thread that was started by a couple of the Captains that plan to attend the show. I spoke with our Merchandise Manager and he has ok'd a 10% discout coupon to any person that books a trip during the show Feb. 4 & 5. There are some restrictions but they will be on the coupon.

Thank you Michigan Sportsman Forums, thank you Forum Posters and thank you to all the Guides & Outfitters!

Doug Phillips
Promotions Manager
Auburn Hills, Michigan

Most Excellent Doug.

Add that to the $40.00 off I'm offering on my Summer Bay Charters, and a man could walk away with more money than he came with. :tdo12: :SHOCKED: O.K.....well, maybe not. But the deals are getting better all the time. By the way, did you get the deal O.K.'d for me to bring along and sell my custom hand crafted lures at my table? Let me know, so I can plan for it or not.:chillin:

·
Administrator
26,934 Posts
Bass Pro Shops Doug said:

Doug Phillips
Promotions Manager
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Sounds good Doug!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts