Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these two bass are the biggest i have ever caught!!! caught them right after dark in about ten minutes of each other!! i was fishing wall lake in delton mi
the smaller one is 17.5
the other is 19.5 and 4.5 pounds!!!

]

Good way to open 07 dont ya think???

Anthony shoup

·
Registered
56 Posts
Myself and two buddies went out to Kent Lake Friday evening. First time fishing on the lake with my boat. Hardly got a bite for two hours. Then, right around 9pm, we hit a Bass Bite that you wouldn't believe. Lost a few of them but the lunkers we landed were awesome. Best 45 minutes of Bass fishing ever in my life. At one point each of us had a fish on the line and we were yelling for "Someone" to get the net.:cwm27:

We figured that the Bass knew opening day was just hours away so they were taking their chances on anything that moved:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I went out to Kent Lake and fished in the drizzle on Saturday and Sunday.

Slow dragging 5" Tan Senkos with a yellow tip, wacky style. Right out in front of the boat rental area (see my previous post on Kent Lake for more details).

Caught about 20 decent sized fish between the two days.

Fished Watkins Lake in Waterford on Friday and caught a few smallies and then fished Walnut Lake on Monday morning and caught a few Smallies... all fish were caught on the same Senko Setup.

I tried to fish at Kent Lake on Monday... not really my cup of tea with all of the people in the park and on the water. It was a memorial day nightmare.

I've said it before and I will say it again... if you're not at least trying a Senko every time you go out for Bass, you're missing the boat.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Nice fish. The other day a friend and I caught 20 bass in about 2 hours and then yesterday I caught a almost black colored smallie that was a beast. All of those were on senkos. Plan on going fishing today and looking for a big large mouth bass.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We almost always use a Zoom soft Plastic Magnum Worm (red/black) texas rigged with a bullet nosed sinker.

This usually works for us for both Bass and Walleye on an inland lake. Never leave home without them. Sometimes I switch to a blue speckeled worm and the Walleye usually prefer those.

I have a tackle box full of lures, hooks and misc items. But I catch most of my fish on either the Plastic Red Worm or a nighcrawler/minnow hooked on a Lindy Rig.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts