Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any recommendations on this lake? My girlfriend and I rented a cabin on the lake for a weekend getaway and we would love to get on some fish. I will be limited to fishing from shore, so any suggestions are welcomed. We'll be there the weekend of September 11th.

Trying to make it a special trip because I plan to pop the question.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Don't know of many shore spots there. Guys do alright for small mouths and crappie off the break wall in town. May even be a trout swimming around then.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
When I was a kid we stayed in Pentwater a lot right on lake mi.we caught quite a few nice blue gills in the creek that goes from bass lake to lake mi.right on the bridge on lakeshore drive.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I've never fished it in the fall, but we've done really well there for gills and pike through the ice. I would think you would have good luck from shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know we fish the coves for gills and largemouth. I saw people bobber fishing catch a couple keeper bass. They looked about 16 inches. We also troll the north end of the lake for northerns and bass. Oh btw by that time of year it's always full of weed so watch out. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts