Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Basement Range

1282 Views 29 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Wild Thing
Got my Hurricane 28” bag target in today and put it in the basement. Sent about 18 arrows at it since it had been almost a year since I shot my bow last. Going to get a lot more practice and maybe feel confident enough to bow hunt this upcoming fall.

- VHR

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
How long of shots can you take?
Got my Hurricane 28” bag target in today and put it in the basement. Sent about 18 arrows at it since it had been almost a year since I shot my bow last. Going to get a lot more practice and maybe feel confident enough to bow hunt this upcoming fall.

- VHR
No range finder but I used to golf a lot. I stepped off 17 yards as my max distance in a straight line like the picture and 19 if I angle it and shoot corner to corner.

- VHR
How long of shots can you take?
That seems a decent distance for practice, good on you
No range finder but I used to golf a lot. I stepped off 17 yards as my max distance in a straight line like the picture and 19 if I angle it and shoot corner to corner.

- VHR
Reactions: VetHuntRookie
Sweet, I can get 20 yds in the basement. I recommend plenty of cardboard and/or thin wood sheets for an occasional stray. Not that I've ever had one... :whistle:
I'm jealous, wishin I had an indoor range like that.
I could too but, I'd have to shoot across the family room through a bathroom and across my shop to get 20 yds.
Sweet, I can get 20 yds in the basement. I recommend plenty of cardboard and/or thin wood sheets for an occasional stray. Not that I've ever had one... :whistle:
Good practice, sometimes there's trees, brush and it's windy out.
I could too but, I'd have to shoot across the family room through a bathroom and across my shop to get 20 yds.
I still remember when my son was young and drew his bow back inside the kitchen. Put that arrow right through the kitchen cabinet door
My 16 year old son is big into archery, always tinkering with his bow. A few weeks ago he had a dry fire and blew it up. Sunday morning he thought it was a good idea to knock an arrow in case of a dry fire again, that arrow is now lodged fletch deep in our above ground pool after it shattered both pains of the sliding glass walk out door of our basement. True story.
I still remember when my son was young and drew his bow back inside the kitchen. Put that arrow right through the kitchen cabinet door
Crossbow?
My 16 year old son is big into archery, always tinkering with his bow. A few weeks ago he had a dry fire and blew it up. Sunday morning he thought it was a good idea to knock an arrow in case of a dry fire again, that arrow is now lodged fletch deep in our above ground pool after it shattered both pains of the sliding glass walk out door of our basement. True story.
Next step, basement TechnoHunt.
Reactions: U of M Fan
When is he expected to make a full recovery?
And just to be on the safe side. Maybe shoot away from the stairs. (y)
Oh my, any pics?
We've always had a basement archery and airgun range. We also shot slingshots and blowguns to hone our instinctive archery skills. Great family fun!
Maybe if I hit the lottery. But I would have to buy a ticket first…

- VHR
Next step, basement TechnoHunt.
I wanted to flip it but there is more heavy stuff that would be a pain to move. I was able to slide it over enough to stand and I made a rule that if anyone needs to come down while I am shooting to open the basement door, yell that they want to come down, and then wait until I say it is safe to do so. I want to experiment with removing the peep sight because I have issues finding it with my glasses on.

- VHR
Reactions: Nostromo
Can't stress safety enough. 👍
I wanted to flip it but there is more heavy stuff that would be a pain to move. I was able to slide it over enough to stand and I made a rule that if anyone needs to come down while I am shooting to open the basement door, yell that they want to come down, and then wait until I say it is safe to do so. I want to experiment with removing the peep sight because I have issues finding it with my glasses on.
- VHR
I have a lead trap in my Barn for shooting handguns, hows that for safety?
Can't stress safety enough. 👍
1 - 20 of 30 Posts