Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will be spraying strips in the middle of my clover plots with Gly around the end of the month, and then overseeding with a brassica blend. Purple Tops will be in the mix....my question is, does anyone have any experience with Barsica or T-Raptor Hybrid Forage Brassica (Welter Seed)? If so, any better than good ole Dwarf Essex? I have had good success with DER in the past, however, I am looking for maximum winter carry over, so palatibility is not a concern(I am not putting in a radish due heavy browse pressure)......tonnage produced is(The deer are not picky on Beaver Island, come October/November). In addition, come Labor Day, these strips will be over seeded with Rye Grain and Red Clover. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36,059 Posts
I will be spraying strips in the middle of my clover plots with Gly around the end of the month, and then overseeding with a brassica blend. Purple Tops will be in the mix....my question is, does anyone have any experience with Barsica or T-Raptor Hybrid Forage Brassica (Welter Seed)? If so, any better than good ole Dwarf Essex? I have had good success with DER in the past, however, I am looking for maximum winter carry over, so palatibility is not a concern(I am not putting in a radish due heavy browse pressure)......tonnage produced is(The deer are not picky on Beaver Island, come October/November). In addition, come Labor Day, these strips will be over seeded with Rye Grain and Red Clover. Thanks in advance.

Barcica and T Raptor grow great and are worth the price of seed. I include it in my blend. I quick planting DER about a decade ago because it under performs the hybrid options, hence the name dwarf.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts