Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ice fish any inland lakes in Barry, Kent or Ionia counties recently? Looking for a report on ice conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
10 - 14 inches near harrison.my area is horrible.just started icing up again,with water/snow on top... wet where springs are.its going to be awhile.maybe north kent,maybe not.sorry no good help here Sport

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
do you stock it?

Reactions: TK81 and Drake

·
Premium Member
10,583 Posts
10 - 14 inches near harrison.my area is horrible.just started icing up again,with water/snow on top... wet where springs are.its going to be awhile.maybe north kent,maybe not.sorry no good help here Sport
There might be some crazies checking northern Kent, and my in-laws might lump me into that group...but no way would I trust any ice around here (Rockford to Sand Lake area) with all the snow we just got. Basically had one and half good ice making days since open water and now this deluge. Hopefully the winds continue to howl all day and blow the lakes clean. My plan around here was for the 25th, and this snow has put that in jeopardy.

I heard good ice from Baldwin to Big Rapids on certain lakes...like 4 inches...but I would proceed with extreme caution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There might be some crazies checking northern Kent, and my in-laws might lump me into that group...but no way would I trust any ice around here (Rockford to Sand Lake area) with all the snow we just got. Basically had one and half good ice making days since open water and now this deluge. Hopefully the winds continue to howl all day and blow the lakes clean. My plan around here was for the 25th, and this snow has put that in jeopardy.

I heard good ice from Baldwin to Big Rapids on certain lakes...like 4 inches...but I would proceed with extreme caution.
Thank y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Premium Member
10,583 Posts
Or maybe we've already had it !

Sent from my Pixel using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

I'll let you know, Drake...if you want to drive an hour. I've got an early ice lake up here that should be good before too long. Gills aren't huge, but good eaters. I just cleared 4 more inches from the driveway and lane. Got to be close to 10 inches now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts