Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am heading to dowling to stay at our hunting cabin and do some fishing. I have not been over there yet and I have a couple of questions about what to expect. How much snow do you guys have on the ground and how much ice there is on the small to medium lakes.

I am a little worried about getting back into the cabin. I am hoping my snow chains will do the job. And I am thinking I should bring the power auger.

Thanks for your input.

Eric

·
Registered
61 Posts
They have been on the lakes for a few weeks now. My parents live on Big Cedar lake and there have been guys out there all the time. Gull froze all the way. Watch some of the small spring fed lakes that froze and then got a bunch of snow...........

I will be down there Satruday, where were you thinking of fishing?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are going to fish a couple of small private lakes and Fine lake on Saturday afternoon

I still would like to know how much snow you guys have out there.

Thanks!

Eric

·
Registered
484 Posts
I am east of their 20 miles and I have 14" on the ground right now. I wouldnt be suprised if you have an additional 6" at your cabin. If your in a location that drifts you might be in for a tough time getting in.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I live 5 miles south of dowling. there is @12-14 on the ground. I don't think you will need the power auger though seeing theres about 6"-8" on the lake I have been on including Fine and Gull. I hit fine last week and got skunked but I was pike fishing. Let me know if you do any good or want to know about anything in the area. I've lived here all my life and know my way around and would be glad to help you out .

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jim!

12 to 14" should not be a problem I hope. It will me my first time on fine so I don't know what to expect. We are meeting up with a guy who's parents live on Fine. I will report on Monday how we do. Thanks for the offer of information but I think we know everything we need at this point. We have property on Broadway Road North of Dowling and West of 37. So durring Turkey and Deer Seasons we are out there almost every weekend. Thank again and good luck to you if you get out this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts