Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a t/c omega and my Barnes jag will not fit properly. Its the correct caliber for the rifle. Have you guys had this issue. How critical is it that I use the Barnes jag when my t/c jag works fine

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
I have a t/c omega and my Barnes jag will not fit properly. Its the correct caliber for the rifle. Have you guys had this issue. How critical is it that I use the Barnes jag when my t/c jag works fine

If you're going to shoot bullets with a polymer tip, then you need a loading jag that doesn't crush it (the tip).

If its the correct caliber, it should fit. What's not fitting properly? It won't go down the barrel?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I also cannot load TMZ's without a tremendous amount of resistance.

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
Yes, I also cannot load TMZ's without a tremendous amount of resistance.

Change to the T-EZ and it'll load easier. It'll also load easier once you get a 100 or so rounds through it.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no problems with the Tez's. Sounds like I need to shoot more

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
If I am reading you right....you're having two problems??? The Barnes jag won't fit and the TMZ's are tight. Is that correct?

I spoke to the Barnes folks about the tightness. By design, there is a few thousands difference between the TMZ and TEZ.

Not sure why the Barnes jag won't fit unless it is damaged some how??? To ask a dumb, but curious question....you didn't hit the ramrod trying to load the tight-fitting TMZ's did ya? I'm wondering if the jag could have mushroomed out in the middle.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope. I am just as baffled as to why it won't fit. My dads pro hunter won't accept tmz's either. I have had the gun since 07 or 08, my dad just bought his pro hunter last year. Like I said before I think I don't have enough rounds through the gun. Even when I was shooting shockwaves it was still troublesome at times to get the rounds down the barrel, unless I ran some bore butter down the barrel. Last year I broke a jag on a starter and in my power rod.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
That's odd on the TMZ's. I had some that were tight but I always got them down. I had some that were easy and went down like butter in my Pursuit. I never loaded a TC so I can't offer much on whether they could be problem loaders. I wonder if you have one with a really tight tolerance on the low end??

1. Is your barrel absolutely clean and free of knicks or damage ?
2. Try swabbing your barrel with WD-40, then dray swab it , then try to load one (no powder). Maybe just a very slight hint of light lube will help the Teflon slide down easier. That might give ya a clue as to where the problem maybe.
3. I'm still not clear as to whether your Barnes jag hangs up.

With that said......I've had a couple of TMZ's that I wanted to take out of the barrel and they were son-of-a-guns to push out. I can't complain too much because they probably aren't designed to be pushed back out.

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
Nope. I am just as baffled as to why it won't fit. My dads pro hunter won't accept tmz's either. I have had the gun since 07 or 08, my dad just bought his pro hunter last year. Like I said before I think I don't have enough rounds through the gun. Even when I was shooting shockwaves it was still troublesome at times to get the rounds down the barrel, unless I ran some bore butter down the barrel. Last year I broke a jag on a starter and in my power rod.

Lets back up a second............

First...... does the loading jag, without loading, go down the barrel by itself? If that jag attached to a rod doesn't fit and slide down the barrel, something's definitely wrong. If you have a .50 barrel, the .50 jag should go down that barrel with no problem. Its not .500 in diameter.

Second..... what do you mean when you say your dad's Pro Hunter won't accept a TMZ bullet?
Is it just to tight to load or, it won't fit in the barrel? The TMZ may be tight in a new barrel and the T-EZ may be required for easier loading, until you get enough rounds through it. However, although they may be tight, they shouldn't have to be pounded down. Even tight, they should go down with 40-50# of force, to tight but, it you're using both hands and using one as a guide, it shouldn't ruin a ramrod. However it they're that tight in a new barrel, switch to the T-EZ.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I had a couple Barnes jags that were too tight too. I think I sanded one down but I don't remember what else I did, except buy a couple more. These were bought I think two years ago from Cabela's.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's about when I bought mine from cabelas.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
His words on the TMZ. "Man those are a son of a b to get down the barrel". My barrels is clean and free of burrs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts