Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I had tanned for the last two years.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Nice..

Send it in to FFG!!

I did my first otter and my first beaver. Hopefully, by next year this time, I'll have my first k9 and mink hanging too.

·
Registered
26,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'm going to talk to Fritz about a coon skin hat.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
John

I think the way the trapping bug has hit you your going to need a bigger barn to hang your catch on. Move over Phil!:lol:

Griff

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Very nice mixed bag.I'm sure they look nice on your wall :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
FREEPOP, that is an awesome collection of hides. i cannot what to start catching and tanning my own also. i have a pretty rustic cabin u north and the walls are just asking for pelts and mounts. again great collection. will you be at the MTA in Evart next weekend, if so i would like to meet with you and pick your brain a little

old truck

·
Registered
26,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Buckmaster, haven't seen you in a while, hope everything is good with you and yours.

Griff, yeah I'm gonna do a picture like Phils but with possums :eek:ne_eye: Really it's fun trying to figure any animal out.

Old Truck, that's a nice handle there. I'm going Thursday evening till Saturday evening, look for a couple of spoiled beagles.

Hunter Hawk, I just have tree stands and a bunch of other junk in it now. In the future I want to turn it into a fur shed but it is a little short.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
last year i had a HUGE bobcat pissed off at me and circling me for about 4 hours last year. my question is if this happens again i HIGHLY doubt it will but if it does can i end him or not. this scared the crap outa me. if this would have been at night instead of morning i would have stayed in my stand all night. last year he never came close enough to get a shot at. and if it does happen and i end him should i tell the dnr or not. around here they are not common and not wanted

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I think yelling, screaming would send almost all wild animals on there way. I'm kind of glad we are getting some bobcats in southern michigan again.Were you using any type of deer lure? You may of got a territorial response out of him. Any good lawyer can get you off on most things so if your life is in danger you can defend yourself. I've turned a few bobcats loose with only a 4 foot catch pole and never feared for my life. Even checked out the fur on a big male. Almost got me with a kick back with one foot.:lol:

Griff

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
"Around here they are not common and not wanted" Say's it all right there.Yep,if you have to take that "ferocious" cat out,call the DNR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts