Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mid UP chapter of RGS is starting up again and holding our banquet Thursday September 13th at the Marquette Mountain Ski Resort. Doors open at 5:30pm, dinner at 7:30pm. http://www.ruffedgrousesociety.org/UserFiles/File/MarquetteMI12.pdf

The new committee is working very hard to put on a great banquet.

Contact Erik Strazzinski, ticket chair (906) 869-4029

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We had a meeting last night and under Jesse's leadership, Sarah, Reggie's and Erik's hard work this a going to get the Mid UP chapter moving in a good direction for the future. We are going to have a real nice banquet 2 days before the opener. Come on up a couple days early, hit the Banquet on the 13th, scout a few srots out the 14th and get at the UP grouse opener the 15th! This is a perfect excuse to make an early UP trip this year:D Just maybe you can open the season with a new "grouse gun"!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Things are coming together real well for the banquet, good job Jesse! Had a couple new committee members come last night which will be a big help making the banquet go smoothly. The committee is looking forward to seeing you at teh banquet Thursday evening Sept. 13th.

I spent some time before the meeting checking out areas for projects and moved ruff's at every stop...without a dog:)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Jesse's old man was about this close '---' to talking my wife and I into attending, at the outdoor show last weekend. My son goes to school up there and I could double duty the trip, but there's just no way right now. Wish I would have had about another few days notice from Jim, Jesse's really old, old man, cause it may have helped. I hate when I mail out a bunch of bills...and then find out I could have done something fun with that money instead...lol

Best of luck to you folks, hope you have a great event.

Brian.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Central UP Chapter had a good banquet last night. We got over the 100 mark in attendees gave away some nice prizes and had a bunch of fun. A big thanks to all who came out and a big thanks to the committee and our leader Jesse!! Now get out and have some fun chasing grouse.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve,
Thanks for all the UP help you give RGS! You are an asset to our state!
Way to go Yoopers!
Thanks, but I don't deserve credit, I can't believe they let a fairly old duffer in on all this fun! The thanks goes to Jesse "patman", Sarah, Erik, and Matt, a good bunch of youngsters that put in a lot of effort and passion into this chapter. Look for some good things in the future from this group!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts