Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Administrator
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

We need some new images for the new banner for the upcoming migration. Let us know what breeds, game, or other you think should be displayed that best represents Michigan-Sportsman.com

Thanks!

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Please keep the Orange Staccato 222 or Mistral Font for the site name as that goes back to the beginning.

As for images, are you looking for something seasonal, or something that would fit for all seasons?

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
My question was never answered so I will guess that you would want something seasonal. I would go with a Steelhead and a Turkey. I'm skipping ice fishing season.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hello all,

We need some new images for the new banner for the upcoming migration. Let us know what breeds, game, or other you think should be displayed that best represents Michigan-Sportsman.com

Thanks!
'

Can members submit photos to use?

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
Hello all,

Thanks!
As for images, are you looking for something seasonal, or something that would fit for all seasons?
Steve et. al. -

As far back as I can remember the opening/home page on M-S had a photo of a Michigan hunting/fishing scene etc. seemingly taken by a subscriber. For the last year there was a great photo of two guys on a Michigan river with a steelhead (?) and in the background there were snow covered pines and a log cabin. The smile on their faces was contagious to any Michigan-Sportsman viewing it. Previous to that as I recall was a southern Michigan bow hunter - again with a contagious smile - and a really nice farmland buck he had just taken as he was still in the field and be-decked in camo. I also seem to remember there was a narrative about everything he went through, scouting etc., to make this memorable kill. Are these sort of M-S site openings a thing of the past ? It's seemingly been replaced by a generic "wildlife" banner featuring questionable Michigan wildlife...??????? Do you really see your new graphics as an improvement over hunting and fishing photos from your subscribers ? Opening this site every morning I'd rather see a candid photo of a smiling kid proudly holding his first squirrel than something photo-shopped/compiled by a "techie" living who knows where but probably not on a Michigan trout stream.

I know I've been critical of some of the new format but I've had more than a little experience in public relations, journalism and free-lance outdoor writing. The most important thing I've learned is to recognize just who your audience is and cater to it - which is to say don't try and sell a story on hunting Gambel's Quail in Arizona to " Michigan-Out-of -Doors" magazine. In the end Michigan-Sportsman is a "local paper" with local everyday readers. Hope this helps and I write this with all sincerity.

9mm Hi-Power

·
Registered
18,281 Posts
What the heck , can't add pics to this thread?

Never mind I guess........................

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Not sure why admin would ask for ideas then create a banner with a bird that dosen't exist in Michigan being chased by a dog that looks rabid.... Bear and turkey ok but come on really......

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts
I found some old pictures from one of the first outings but the resolution isn't that good. Steve is in a few pictures too. Those sure we're some fun times...

·
Premium Member
12,768 Posts
I have volunteered myself to help create a new banner that will look more like Michigan and less generic.
I have volunteered myself to help create a new banner that will look more like Michigan and less generic.
We would still rather see women! It was thoughtful that you volunteered yourself but we'll pass on that!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts