Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of my Reef Runners have mangled or no hooks left on them .I want to get some Bandits for Fathers Day from my daughter. What colours should i tell her ? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,018 Posts
Most of my Reef Runners have mangled or no hooks left on them .I want to get some Bandits for Fathers Day from my daughter. What colours should i tell her ? Thanks.
Tell her to get you a gift certificate to domka s and then you can choose yourself.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Some o my favorites from Domka are:
Double D
Attention Deficit
Pink Squirrel
Chrome with Blue Back
Chrome With Purple Back

Good luck and I hope you have a great Father’s Day!

723BD189-1B73-48F9-B33B-DC29831D1BA0.jpeg
723BD189-1B73-48F9-B33B-DC29831D1BA0.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,610 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Factory colors like Blue Chrome/ orange belly are the best Bandits I have. In customs Chrome Huff Daddy can be great, Grape Ape, Squirrel, and Black head wonderbread pattern can be good as well. If you have Reef Runner colors you like then go with those as colors in the new lures. Bandits get a lot of hype, don’t expect magic to happen over your Reefrunners. I have days were other lures will out fish bandits. Also don’t expect Bandits to have quality hooks on them. They are prone to break batter being bent back into shape.

·
Registered
308 Posts
my 2 favorite for Erie was red hot last yr. sunspot in a shallow diver 25" behind the ball on my riggers was killer. both colors in a deep diver was killer on wire. these 2 colors stood out. i bought mine on sale at fishusa.com.
blue top chrome bottom
sunspot

ps I'm going to try some shallow divers on my lite bite slide divers.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Organ Donor Custom Tackle does an incredible job on colors and the finish lasts. Log in to Facebook
muffler Burn
Potato Bread
Un-Fehr
Bi-Polar
the above four have been my best producers.
I watched a guy on YouTube fish that Potato Bread Bandit in OH waters... It tore them up. I paint my own lures and I will tell you, the Organ Donor is on another level. Very talented.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Yeah, those baits are something else. Too bad he's having the same Chrome Bandit problem that all of us are having. His spoons look fantastic too!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Don't get the one with the "Lions" logo....do I need to explain why?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Those two are just for display. They will never touch water. But you are correct. Unless you want to catch 4 and lose 12 for the trip, don't use the Lion's one! :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can't believe more people haven't tried and had success with sunspot. last yr on the rigger the shallow diver was as hot as any lure I've ever used on Erie.

·
Registered
10 Posts
chrome and blue with orange belly as others have mentioned is must have. easily the most fish bite that color this year for me and my dad.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts