Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple bamboo rods that need some work on the cork and eyes replaced. I am not a fly fisherman but they are my grandfathers and I would a least like to display them. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Banned
3,817 Posts
Jannnetcraft.com can supply all you need.

Go to the library for a copy of Dale Clemens "advanced Rod Building" and they probably have a 'basic' book.

Netcraft also has books on how to. Bill that works the counter at Netcraft is very helpful. They are just into Ohio (Toledo) off of 23.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CL-Lewiston said:
Jannnetcraft.com can supply all you need.

Go to the library for a copy of Dale Clemens "advanced Rod Building" and they probably have a 'basic' book.

Netcraft also has books on how to. Bill that works the counter at Netcraft is very helpful. They are just into Ohio (Toledo) off of 23.
I do not trus my skills. I'd like to find someone that does thids sort of thing. I should hav been more clear.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There's a man named Wes Cooper in Freemont Mi. He's pretty well known in the bamboo world for repairing bamboo fly rods. also look up Coldwater collectables.com, or the classic fly rod forum, they have more info than you'll ever need.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I seconded the recommendation for Wes Cooper. He made my buddy a flyrod a few years back and he broke a tip last year. Wes repaired it and you would not even know the difference. He does good work. While we were there picking up the rod he had just finished repairing a rod that was owned by author Robert Traver (Trout Madness, Trout Magic fame) and was repairing it for his son in law.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.