Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Baldwin Unit, dogs…

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jjlrrw 
#1 · (Edited)
Had high hopes for my father n law to get a bear but both of our spots went cold. He is going out again tonight and then plans to let his spots rest for two days and bait another site… but if anyone in the Baldwin unit has an opening with dogs this weekend, I know he would be interested.
Feel free to send me a pm or respond below. Thank you.

#2 ·
How cold?

#3 ·
One is dead (10 days without a hit) the other had steady hits until the first time he hunted and the bear stopped showing up… but that’s why it’s a good bear, he’s smart!
He’s taking the next two days off that spot, and hopefully he’ll come back. I plan to refresh the bait in the morning and then give it time to rest. I guess we’ll see…

#4 ·
Don’t let a cold bait stop you from hunting. The bait my dad was sitting had not been hit since Friday. Last night the bear that had been hitting it came in at 7 o’clock at night and never made it out. boar thinks it’s a younger bear but neither of us have ever seen a bear up close before. Guess we will find out when we get it sealed today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.