Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been at or around any lakes in the bald mountain area up in oakland county? always go up first ice just wondering if anyone has been around. PM me and let me know I have all my stuff ready to hit the ice. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
If not, it should be real close... I'll be over that way monday, Might have to throw the bucket and spud in the car.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply, im ready to do it soon but live in Taylor, id hate to drive 50 miles for no ice. Let me know whats up im hoping to be out late this week. PM me you probably know what lake(s) im interested in. Thanks. Chris.

·
Registered
738 Posts
rhymes with "zoo" lake had walkable ice on it friday morning when i checked. 3" or so. that one always seems to lock up by this time of year.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks for the heads up looks like late week after it firms up a bit I will make my way up there. Got a buddy who just ordered a marcum lx-5 a few days ago we are ready to try it out and see if it puts my vex to shame

·
Registered
41 Posts
hey thanks for the heads up looks like late week after it firms up a bit I will make my way up there. Got a buddy who just ordered a marcum lx-5 a few days ago we are ready to try it out and see if it puts my vex to shame

I was up there snooping earlier, the lake that rhymes with bam sounded like it was going to give when i stepped out on the ice. Maybe next week for me.:fish:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I was up there snooping earlier, the lake that rhymes with bam sounded like it was going to give when i stepped out on the ice. Maybe next week for me.:fish:
do not fish that lake next week or even the week after, there is some nasty currents in that lake and takes awhile to freeze good.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
yes I know about the currents , I only fish up here on the small lakes early ice, and I know that "zoo" is always good to go when others are not and is usually my first spot to hit. Let me know if you go by. Thanks. Chris-

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Never do good on "bam" in the winter but we slaughter the crappie in spring and summer. Crappie Depot called the bait shop in lake orion and yes they are fishing "zoo". We fished "bam" last Febuary and where the canal to the other part of the lake comes in was REAL thin. More than 3/4 across the lake where you would think it would be no problem there was less than 2in of ice :yikes:he rest of the lake had about 14.

·
Banned
2,024 Posts
West "Bam"
all the way to the end.
just before dark.
usualy the school is 2 or 3 hundred yards further during the day on the left side, right along the drop.
they move to the end at dark.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
rhymes with "zoo" lake had walkable ice on it friday morning when i checked. 3" or so. that one always seems to lock up by this time of year.
I'm just curious are you guys referring to Clam and Shoe lake? I fish in the area and I might give them a try if they are any good. But I'm never a first ice kind of guy. I usually fish alone and I don't have a spud so if the ice isn't 6+ inches I'm staying at home.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone been out? I wanna fish somewhere friday and im looking for 4 inches of ice. If anyone has been out or is going out give me an update please. Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
My boy and I will be out on the smaller one Sunday. Probably around 10 am if anyone wants to meet up. We'll be warming up some chili on the stove so bring a spoon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts