Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm will be heading out to do some small game hunting in the upcoming weeks and would like to know if anyone has ever hunted at Bald Mountain in Oakland County. If anyone has hunted there for small game can you please inform me where the best hunting would be. I'm looking mostly for rabbit and squirrel. I don't need any honey holes or anything but just a area In Bald Mountain to hunt where we could find some small game.
Thanks
Bryan

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
That's exactly where I hunt! There's like 2 or 3 actual areas but I've only been to the one off of Kern rd and Greenshield. Small game hunting (or any hunting there) is kind of difficult because there are so many people hiking and biking. But now that its colder there are less people. Entering the trails from the west entrance on Greenshield rd is where I see the most rabbits and squirrels, hardly anything at the north end.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly where I hunt! There's like 2 or 3 actual areas but I've only been to the one off of Kern rd and Greenshield. Small game hunting (or any hunting there) is kind of difficult because there are so many people hiking and biking. But now that its colder there are less people. Entering the trails from the west entrance on Greenshield rd is where I see the most rabbits and squirrels, hardly anything at the north end.
Are you talking about just north of the shooting range?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Are you talking about just north of the shooting range?
Well the shooting range is located on Kern rd. Hunting (along with hiking and so on) is open in the surrounding woods. There is another Bald Mnt. Unit somewhere on stony creek rd but I'm not familiar with that park. I'll see if I can post a map for yah.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Be careful where you hunt up there, there is an area to the west of the Rifle range that isnt open to hunting, It is right along the open hunting area.
It is posted ! But if you are moving in the wrong direction or happen to be distracted you will or may miss the sign ! I know , we did it ! The ranger station is on the Hill and they must have been watching us , in all our orange glory...... We recieved a ticket, but my brother was smart and took some cell phone pic's went to court , ticket was dismissed !!!!! Ive seen some really large deer there also......

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be careful where you hunt up there, there is an area to the west of the Rifle range that isnt open to hunting, It is right along the open hunting area.
It is posted ! But if you are moving in the wrong direction or happen to be distracted you will or may miss the sign ! I know , we did it ! The ranger station is on the Hill and they must have been watching us , in all our orange glory...... We recieved a ticket, but my brother was smart and took some cell phone pic's went to court , ticket was dismissed !!!!! Ive seen some really large deer there also......
I think we will be going to the northern most area.
Thanks,
Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts