Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was heading out this afternoon to check the ice on a small lake not to far from me. From the distance (while driving) I could see a fairly large form perched up in a massive oak tree, right up next to the road. At first I thought ... that's one [email protected]!! of a place for a turkey to roost ... and why is there only one? As I got a little closer, I realized that it wasn't the shape of a turkey, too big for a hawk ... maybe an owl (there is a good population of owls around here). As I got a little closer, I realized that its head was as white as the falling snow. Didn't have a camera with me. :sad: This is the first Bald Eagle I've seen and heard of in this area (1.5 miles north of the Fremont city limits, in Newaygo county). I actually went back to the house to get the digital ... but, unfortunately It was gone when I got back.

It made my day,
Ed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome! I saw one about 6 years ago along M-46 in northern Montcalm county. It was just east of old US131 (Federal drive). The eagle was flying back and forth across the highway. Traffic was backing up to see this awesome site! :)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
i have had eagles chase us away while walleye fishing in the up there was a couple of pairs and where were floating and didnt relize that there was a nest right by the edge of the lake and next thing we knew we had an eagle right on top of us needless to say we motored out of there real quick and sat back and watched em catch a couple fish and go about there day

·
Registered
13,814 Posts
I see Eagles quite often when fishing the Ausable River below Foote dam for Steelhead. Sometimes I see two at a time, but not as much.
I have also seen them in the Detroit area - West side around Northville. Not often, but there are a few in a State Park in that area.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
The big bald eagles are making a comeback.....many now residing in Michigan.....throughout the state.....Metro-parks attempting to introduce..after a long exodus...the Osprey .....another awsome bird..and an indicator of just how healthy our air/water systems can/could be....lets all of us do our part to help clean up our water systems..stop water thiefs..and polluters...and encourage awareness to our youth to keep Michigans resources healthy for the future.

FIND A PLACE THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.....AND GO THERE.....OFTEN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts