Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long before all the new Scent Killer Sprays and Washes for this and that, I used baking soda. Dowsing my hunting clothes while in a garbage bag and always had success.

Does anyone still use it over the new non-scent stuff ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I will spray myself down before I head into the woods. But I store my gear in a bin that I got from Gander Mountain that is just like the Scent Lok storage bin, but it's half the price. I also douse my clothes while in there with baking soda.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Washed all my clothes in Baking Soda this year and filled a couple old socks with it to keep in my container....

·
Registered
426 Posts
That is the same thing I do. Also I wash myself with some baking soda. I have better success this way (not getting winded) than any other method I have used.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I still throw some in the bottom of my clothes container after washing them

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Yes. Someone posted on this site their 'home brew' scent spray which I've used the last couple years. It's made of distilled water, peroxide and baking soda. Clothes are washed in baking soda.

·
Registered
241 Posts
the best scent is your surroundings.. i have given up on scent control.. had 2 bucks within 10 yards at the same time this morning.. took one of them.. no shower yesterday (had a long day) or this morning before the hunt, no "scent killer".. i wouldnt call them a gimmic because they do mask your scent with another scent.... but is that scent something the buck will notice, or something that will be "invisible" to the buck as if you were a tree...

i must mention that i have been using all clear and free since it came out.. simply because i dont feel the need to wash my clothes in chemicals.. i also use the dryer balls that have no scent.. the deer WILL notice the smells of the scented products.. that scent is nothing more than a chemical, 100% unnatural.. i got my doe last year after not showering the morning of..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts