Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good God people. . if you hear a "rumor" about baiting coming back and paying a fee for it. . .

UNLESS it comes off the press STRAIGHT from the DNR. . . quit believing it!!! if you hear something. . go to michigan.gov/dnr and see if you see it. . .

if not. . dont come on here thinking that everyone will know a law change that the DNR hasnt even made. . and probably will not make. . . :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

seasons not over yet. . get out in the woods and off here for a while! :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Well, to be honest I have heard a rumor about baiting for next year. This came from my sisters, roommates', cousin's boyfriend's uncles' next door neighbor. He's got connections in Lansing so it must be true. He also does taxidermy work, builds his own bows, and repairs engines in his garage. He also passes up bucks that score under 180 so i trust in what he says.

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
If you didn't know about the baiting ban,
You may spend too much time in the can.

As far as these baiting threads go.
I think they are entertainment for those that are slow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Baiting is done forever. Get over it for those of you that hope, pray or see fortune tellers about it. It is done.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I just heard today that baiting was going to be allowed next year.You'll only be able to bait with canned corn and the deer have to get thier own can opener.Anyone caught with a can opener or leaving one where a deer can access it will be in violation...

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Baiting??? for what?

By the way, I heard the sugar beet tree and the corn bush were a tad late in flowering this summer....with this recent cold snap the "fruit" is just starting to drop! Plus I planted carrots in my food plot and they are starting to work themselves out of the dirt!

·
Registered
414 Posts
We can still bait here in Ontario. I am thinking that the baiting ban is hurting the deer in Michigan. I was wondering if the deer were used to bait most of the fall and late season? I think they became dependent on it and did not feed heavy in the early fall. Does anyone think that the deer got used to bait piles and since there are none to be found,maybe they are starving? I found it odd when I shot a doe ,in early October, near Port Huron in Michigan . When I gutted it there was not a lick of fat on it. It was very healthy too and still nursing.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Baiting ban didn't stop allot of people, did you read the DNR bi-weekly arrest report on the DNR site? Allot of cheaters still using bait.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts