Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watcing TV sunday and heppened to see the shows for the Bionic minnow and the Banjo minnow.....I was curios if anyone has ordered them and used them. Are they really as good as they make them out to be or are the just to "catch fishermen" instead of fish. I almost bought them but thought I had better do my own research first.
Any thoughts on them??
Dumroese

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dumroese,

It's called marketing. A gimmick. Pretty much no different from any other plastic imitator. Try Fluke, Super fluke, Fin-S-fish,Rattlesnake, Shadee Shad, or Power Bait Jerk Shad.

Riverdog

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Listen, Nearly all of the lures that are advertised via info commercials are crap!!
I work for a retailer that sells that junk and these are some of the worst lures available. I like the way that the Banjo minnow looks, but what these commercials don't tell is that you havta use like 2 pound test to get a good cast and good action!!
Banjo minnow, flying lure, helicopter lure they all SUCK!!!
Take your 29.99 and buy some rapalas or mister twisters.
~Rick

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Guess I'm a bit of a dissenter.
While I have not used the banjo minnow, I have used the "flying lure", and I kind of like it. I find that it is the best lure in my arsenal to get undernieth thick vegetation and lily pads, and I have caught some big crappie, largemouth, and pike with them. I agree that the TV approach is a marketing gimmick; nobody is going to show thier lure NOT catching fish....but think about it. With all the lures out there nowadays, esp. plastics, there is a smaller slice of the pie for the little guy who has to compete against the more established lure manufacturer. TV is a quick and easy way to get your message across. Anyway, I don't think that there is a lure out there that WONT catch fish at some time or another....we used to make our own lures out of used IV and oxygen tubing and stainless steel wire when things were slow at work. They would catch fish....some days; other times not. One thing I will say; if you wait until those commercials have run thier course, you can usually get those lures in the stores cheaper than what they are advertised on TV. It pays to shop around.
Good luck and tight lines to all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts