Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get some dead coons from like a fur buyer or somthing that were skinned or even some skunks or coons that werent skinned. i just want them for bait for coyotes and fox. and is there a good way this time of year to trap them bein so cold? i got one today i found sleeping ina hollow tree. and help thanks. ps... not findin any roadkill.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
I'd look more for rats and beavers if I were you. Don't trap over a pile though. Only hunt over it.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes thats what i plan for is to hunt it. i have traped piles before but with only 1 fox and 1 coyote. i just want some carcasses to hunt over. why do u say use rats and beavers over coons? i would gladly use them too. but where could i get them. any fur buyers around that may have them?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
You can go to your local taxidermist they usually have a dumpster they put carcasses in, but you gotta watch whats used for bait legally.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats illeagal to use? i didnt know anything was. it would be outa site anyway, unless somone is trespassing. i didnt think about taxidermists. thanks.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
If the guy that is suppose to by my carcasses backs out on me you can have all you want. Have a freezer full of rats right now, but have to make a couple of phone calls before I let anything go. I'll get in touch if I can't sell them.

Joe

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that would be great joe. would you want anything for them or are u just givin them away. i would like some carcases like these for me and my uncle to hunt over.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Whats Illegal?

The carcasses have to be from a fear bearing animal such as coon, mink, yote, rats, beaver, ermine, marten, etc. No deer, turkey, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant, pat, etc. Get the drift?

I had a hard time with that at first too.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow thanks i had no idea. what about house cats for bait? lots of wild ones round here. and they come to calls.lol!

·
Registered
53 Posts
what about pigeons are they illegal? Open season all year round. Plus they have one of the strongest sent on them of all game birds. Thats what the bird dog trainers told me when i sold them to them ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts