Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Bait shops near lake missaukee

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Scout 2 
I forget where I got bait around there... but last I fished missaukee was before they poisoned the weeds. I drifted with a chunk of crawler under a bobber until I found some nice panfish. Big gills and huge rock bass. A few medium size largemouth too.

If I were fishing it blind again today I'd probably do something similar. Or at least get some info from the nearest place that sells bait or fishing licenses. Heck maybe even spend a few min at the boat launch in the morning and talk to those going out. Or later in the day and talk to those coming in.

That’s almost identical to what I was planning on doing. Only difference is I tied up some mini panfish harnesses that I’m going to troll around until I find something worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
That should work!

If there is anything left worth catching since the locals just want it as a swimming hole.

I’m mostly excited to not fish the bay. Lol. Those walleye get old after a while. Hoping for a good fresh panfish and pike fry while we are up there. If all else fails we will just run to houghton and get some gills.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
First few times I fished missaukee it was exciting. Lots of fish, many of them were plenty big enough for eating. Easy to catch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.