Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Bait shops near lake missaukee

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Scout 2 
Thanks for the info. I’ll definitely check it out. Going to be an interesting week picking a new (kind of) lake apart. Haven’t fished up there since I was a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
The yellow st ore use to have some bait and the Marathon gas station I think has some. I can tell you the areas they have been fish a lot in the last couple of weeks if you want. There are 3 places I have seen them oin when I went thru town. Don't know if they are catching anything but one boat was there couple days in a row. Do you have a contour map of the lake

Not a lot of people fish it like they did when Millers had the bait shop there. There is a landing off Green Road now and it looks nice. The landing in the city park you need a park pass to use it unless they changed things. They have been fishing it on the sumerged island straight out from the swimbeach just of M 55 on the south edge of town. One evening we went thru there and ther were a bunch of boats just off the duck behind the city offices. Last week they were fishing the gravel barhaldf way across the lake from the city offices. I do npt know if they were catching anything or not. Take a lot of bait as t he lake is full of 3 inch long perch from what I have heard. 2 weeks ago they were catching fish on Fife Lake in the hole to the east of the island. Good Luck and have fun

First few times I fished missaukee it was exciting. Lots of fish, many of them were plenty big enough for eating. Easy to catch.
Then came the weed killer.. This morning there were several boats sitting in the reas I mentoned earler, We went thru town this evening and there were what looked like t h esame boats in t hese areas again pls ff Green Road in t he area where ice fish. Good Luck and staysafe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.