Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:I saved these questions for the convention, but again this year was unable to make it there. I raised 50 meat chickens this year and froze all the livers thinking to use them for bait. Question is put them out as they are or add a few goodies to them. let them set out etc. Also have alot of crayfish available to trap and use for bait. Going to try and target mink, coon and fox. With the boys at F&T not buying in the round or in the grease I have to step into a area I have not tried before (Skinning and fleshing) which will require more time. I picked up a video from them that Ralph reccomended by Sulliavan. And here we go again this year.

·
Registered
504 Posts
for fox and yotes, you can use the livers straight, or you can add glycerine and sodium benzoate after they have tainted for a lil more smell, or you can add other stuff like glads or lures for a louder lure. crawfish you can use whole or grind in a blender,

as for the putting up fur, it takes more time, but i averaged 2.44 whole(sh***y buyer) and averaged 15 skinned, 18 put up, (prices werent high but thats abig jump!)

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
A little beaver castor or asafoetida powder should add a bit of punch to it. Use sodium benzoate to fix the bait. Made some of my bobcat bait this year with some Synthetic fermented egg in it.I can't keep my dog away from my test dirtholes. May have to set a trap so she can remember what whoa means.

Griff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts