Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help:My son (6yr old) asked me if he would still be able to leave Santa's deer carrots or would he go to jail:yikes:. First it affected my hunting now it is hurting Christmas. Where will it stop?:lol:Is anyone else stoping your kids form feeding Santa's deer?

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
:help:My son (6yr old) asked me if he would still be able to leave Santa's deer carrots or would he go to jail:yikes:. First it affected my hunting now it is hurting Christmas. Where will it stop?:lol:Is anyone else stoping your kids form feeding Santa's deer?
Tell him not to worry because hunters already killed Santa's deer.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Put them on the roof where Santa lands his sleigh and you'll be fine. Inaccessible to deer therefore not baiting.;)

·
Premium Member
6,221 Posts
Tell him to go ahead and do it............but for goodness sakes under no circumstances should he post the picture on this site!:lol:

·
Registered
498 Posts
If he leaves the carrots on a plate in the house and Santa hand feeds the deer, then this is not baiting. If Santa chooses to throw all the carrots he collects into one pile and the deer all eat from the same pile, then Santa is guilty of violating the bait ban.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
If he leaves the carrots on a plate in the house and Santa hand feeds the deer, then this is not baiting. If Santa chooses to throw all the carrots he collects into one pile and the deer all eat from the same pile, then Santa is guilty of violating the bait ban.
Good point. Even if Santa hand feeds his deer he would be guilty of baiting. There might be no way around this one.:yikes:

·
Banned
10,812 Posts
Actually, the DNR is probably planning to arrest Santa when he violates the ban on tranporting captive cirvids. I'm waiting for the DNR press release claiming that Santa's rein deer are the cause of the rapid spread of CWD. It would make as much sense as a lot of the BS going on these days.:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
REINDEER like the 17 elk that escaped in genesee county are none native and open season onthem just like feral pigs as long as you have a hunting license
reindeer arn't on my list but an elk or pig would add to my list

·
Registered
439 Posts
In order to prevent the spread of disease he would have to use hand sanatizer each time he fed a new deer. Otherwise, still no better than eating from a bait pile.

Ed

·
Registered
524 Posts
there is a way around it they are captive cervids therefore he is feeding his livestock not baiting

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
wow this topic has even invaded the comedy section.......

:16suspect

I'll now go back to my pile of CWD data reports.......

:help:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Tell your son the baiting ban is for WHITE TAILED Deer and not REINDEER. And like others said, on the rooftop or inside of your house is not accessible to deer so all is good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Send a 6 year old on the roof? I think i will let him leave the carrots for the deer. I will let Santa decied on what to do but, my guess is he will give them the carrots. If he doesnt the kids in Wisconsin are screwed. They have found plenty of deer there with CWD, wild ones at that!!:lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts