Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, help me out here.

I bought a bow back in April from an archery pro shop. In August, I noticed that the rubber grip was splitting and I took the bow in to the shop to see about getting it replaced. They took my name and number and said they would get one ordered from the manufacturer. 2 weeks later, I went in to the store to check on my grip and they didn;t have but said I would get a call once they contacted the manufacturer. I did get a call back a couple days later and told that the order was misplaced by the mfr. and one was reordered and they would call me as soon as it comes in.

I hadn't received a call but decided to drive down and check at the store. I asked the guy in the back and he scrounged around, found the grip, handed it to me and walked away. I asked him if they were just glued onto the bow or what? He said he didn't know but that so & so was coming in at 1:00 and that he had replaced a grip a couple days ago. I could call in after 1 and he would tell me how to do it.

My question is am I wrong thinking that they would mount the grip for me or at least ask if I wanted them to do it? I'm sure they are pretty busy right now with last minute bow work before opening day, but shouldn't he have asked if I wanted to leave my bow and they would get to it as soon as possible?

I also had 1/2 dozen arrows that I wanted them to cut to length and fletch, but I just left.

Mounting the grip is not really that big a deal and I don't really mind doing it myself, I just expected more from the shop that I bought the bow from.

What do you think?

·
Registered
600 Posts
It should have been mounted at no cost to you. It should have been covered under warranty. But in defense of your bow dealer this time of year is extremely busy. With opening day right around the corner and all the idiots that wait to the last minute to get there bows out and end up having alot of problems. its very difficult to get everything done on time.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Sorry to hear that, find another shop...Can you give me the shop name or maybe a hint, I live in the same area...

·
Registered
790 Posts
That was a quick delete???

Nice to hear that you will be taken care of, no hints needed. I will still shop there. Happy Hunting...

To the Bow shop...Spot on!!!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
It is after 1:00....I am here.

What happened to you was inexcusable, and you have my sincerest apologies.

Call me please....248-666-7799

I will make things more than right with you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As you can tell from the previous post, the shop was KD. I purposely left the original post generic so as not to call Ken's shop out.

I just talked to Ken on the phone and he is sincerely apologetic for what happened and is taking care of me.

I have and will continue to recommend KD Outdoors to everyone I know.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Way to Man up guys and not fling any mud.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Way to Man up guys and not fling any mud.
Mud deserved to be flung...as I said, what happened to Mike was inexcusable.

I will do my best to remedy the situation, and try to prevent it in the future.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Its tough times right now for the little guys like me, and I appreciate every single ounce of support I get.

Once again....sorry Mike, you will be taken care of when you come in.

·
Banned
3,432 Posts

Its tough times right now for the little guys like me, and I appreciate every single ounce of support I get.

Do you sell crossbow's?:evil::yikes::lol:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts

Ken,

You continue to impress me with being a stand up business man and person in general.

Good job again.

J-

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ok then, i got the martan bengal and mine is starting to split ,i thougt it was something i did maybe i'll get a hold oF K-D also , i bought mine in august, by the way the service was the BEST!!!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Ok then, i got the martan bengal and mine is starting to split ,i thougt it was something i did maybe i'll get a hold oF K-D also , i bought mine in august, by the way the service was the BEST!!!
Call me today....let me know the model and I'll get one ordered....and will install it for you.;)

·
Registered
831 Posts

It just showed a little class that he did not come out bashing and gave you a chance to make it right. You have done great work for me in the past and I would hate to see you smeared because of an unfortunate situation.

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
To be honest, I don't feel there was really any "issue" in the first place. As mentioned, shops are (hopefully) VERY busy right now and without knowing the exact situation relative to staffing etc, either wait till you can be helped or put it on yourself. IMHO no reason to bring it to a public forum.

But it really does exemplify the great reputation for KD.:coolgleam

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
busy or not the guy spent plenty of money to deserve the few moments of time it would have taken to deal with his issue. tell the owners how you feel and find another shop.
It should have been mounted at no cost to you. It should have been covered under warranty. But in defense of your bow dealer this time of year is extremely busy. With opening day right around the corner and all the idiots that wait to the last minute to get there bows out and end up having alot of problems. its very difficult to get everything done on time.

·
Registered
902 Posts
busy or not the guy spent plenty of money to deserve the few moments of time it would have taken to deal with his issue. tell the owners how you feel and find another shop.

This is true but the shop owner made it right......he didn't make any excuses and took responsibility. The same thing could and does happen at any shop but not many will "man up" and do the right thing in the end. This shop owner has and will be rewarded for it.

·
Banned
3,432 Posts
it sound like he is happy in the end and has no bitter feelings

I would bet you wouldn't get that kind of response from a big box store, they might offer you a gift card to shut you up, but forget about you as soon as you walk out the door

Guy's like Ken are few and far between, I would send anyone to Him and not think twice

Im glad to here things got worked out

As for martin I have a martin Saber Pro and the grip is doing the same thing, but its the last of my worries becuase it is a few years old and the season starts SOON:D

·
Registered
4,043 Posts

Your grip is here.....bring the bow in and we'll get 'er taken care of.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts