Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Woods and Water Rat
21,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next time you grill, take a half dozen brussell sprouts and try this....I did along it with some venison I also bacon wrapped and put BBQ sauce on.

Trim off bottom and cut in half, salt and pepper (ground pepper and sea salt) on the cut side, wrap in half a strip of bacon, skewer them and grill about 40 minutes semi-indirectly over the coals until bacon is done.

Pretty good! Next time I might drizzle a small amount of olive oil on the cut side of the sprouts as they were just a tad dry despite the bacon.
I mean it is bacon wrapped, so it has to be good!

·
Registered
11,728 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
you're over-engineering it (although I do love bacon wrapped anything:corkysm55). Here's my favorite way:

- cut sprouts in half (not necessary, but easier to plate/eat)
- toss it olive oil to lightly coat sprouts
- pour sprouts on baking sheet and cook at 425 for about 15 minutes until golden brown
- sprinkle on some salt and/or garlic powder or just use garlic powder
- some leaves may burn/crisp a bit and thats fine

they tast good hot and tast good cold.

I always hated sprouts but with this simple recipe we eat them twice a week.

·
Woods and Water Rat
21,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might just give these a try. It is Brussels Sprout season.

Just had a go-round with my spell checker when I tried to spell it "brussell". Looks like we were both wrong and it is spelled Brussels. While trying to get to the bottom of the spelling I came across this for Brussels Sprouts.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-brussels-sprouts-recipe2/index.html
HAHAH! My wife is the teacher in the family, not me, so I do not pretend to so good at spelling :chillin:.

I have a basic roasting recipe for veggies and those are included.....
Assorted veggies like sprouts, asparagus, broccoli, summer squash, whatever. Then lay out some foil, chop veggies and add somesome chopped garlic and salt/pepper them and drizzle with olive oil and make a kind of closed up boat with them. Roast on grill about 45 minutes or so shaking once or twice and then open and serve....AWESOME!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
The wife boils there until ther half done, cools them , cuts them in half (cut them through the stem) put them in a frying pan with olive oil and minced garlic and saute til done or lightly browned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts